Last updated 9 October, 2020 by Judy Oakden
The Pragmatica difference
Complex situations need new ways of thinking to gain cut through to a better way forward.
We use a complexity-informed framing to offer new perspectives to traditional methods. This helps us address your questions in ways that are innovative while allowing for real-world time and budget constraints.
Our values and approach set us apart. They help you quickly have clarity on what’s happening, navigate what’s emerging, and gain a clearer understanding of the next possible steps.
Fundamental to our work is that we:
- Believe that all citizens in Aotearoa New Zealand deserve to have equitable access to public services.
- Are passionate about providing support to policy makers, programme managers and service providers to make a real difference.
- Know getting change is hard and that we have more chance if we work effectively together to achieve this.
- Use complexity-informed tools that can help policy makers, programme managers and service providers develop a learning environment to choose wise actions.
Curiosity | Creativity | Integrity
Our core values – curiosity, creativity, and integrity – shape how we approach our work.
- Curiosity – we have a genuine interest and curiosity in discovering new perspectives and including marginalised voices.
- Creativity – we create bespoke approaches for each assignment because each project is unique. We seek useful answers to practical questions to inform wise actions.
- Integrity – we form trust-based relationships with clients so we can grapple with the hard stuff with integrity.
Our approach to your work
We have a collaborative approach to working with our clients. We take pride in being:
- Straightforward – our methods and models are easy to use and jargon lite
- Flexible and adaptable – to accommodate real-world time and budget constraints
- Robust, rapid insights – our proven way of working helps you navigate through puzzling situations, fast.